Problem in compiling the tutorial

Discussion related to implementation and use of the H.323 Plus H.323 stack at https://www.h323plus.org.
Y030052

Problem in compiling the tutorial

Post by Y030052 »

Hi all,

I just downloaded the H323plus library version 1.23.0 and ptlib version 2.10.1 for Windows. I managed to compile both libraries using Visual Studio 2010. But now I am struggling to get the tutorial from http://toncar.cz/openh323/tut/files.html to compile.

I have set the VC++ directories properly to ensure that the project can find the library and header files. First, I get the error that it cannot find ptclib.lib. From what I read http://www.voxgratia.org/docs/faq.html#4_35, ptclib.lib has been merged into ptlib.lib. So, I removed ptclib.lib as the additional dependencies. However, this gives me errors below. I hope someone can point out to me how to get this tutorial compiled and run. Thank you.

1>------ Build started: Project: oh323tut, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Build started 26/8/2011 5:40:09 PM.
1>InitializeBuildStatus:
1> Touching ".\Release\oh323tut.unsuccessfulbuild".
1>ClCompile:
1> All outputs are up-to-date.
1>h323plus.lib(upnpcp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__VariantClear@4 referenced in function "bool __cdecl GetNextMapping(struct IEnumVARIANT *,class PortMappingContainer &)" (?GetNextMapping@@YA_NPAUIEnumVARIANT@@AAVPortMappingContainer@@@Z)
1>h323plus.lib(upnpcp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysFreeString@4 referenced in function "bool __cdecl GetNextMapping(struct IEnumVARIANT *,class PortMappingContainer &)" (?GetNextMapping@@YA_NPAUIEnumVARIANT@@AAVPortMappingContainer@@@Z)
1>h323plus.lib(upnpcp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__VariantInit@4 referenced in function "bool __cdecl GetNextMapping(struct IEnumVARIANT *,class PortMappingContainer &)" (?GetNextMapping@@YA_NPAUIEnumVARIANT@@AAVPortMappingContainer@@@Z)
1>h323plus.lib(upnpcp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SysAllocString@4 referenced in function "protected: bool __thiscall UPnPThread::PopulateDeviceInfoContainer(struct IUPnPDevice *,class DeviceInformationContainer &)" (?PopulateDeviceInfoContainer@UPnPThread@@IAE_NPAUIUPnPDevice@@AAVDeviceInformationContainer@@@Z)
1>h323plus.lib(upnpcp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoCreateInstance@20 referenced in function "protected: bool __thiscall UPnPThread::Initialise(void)" (?Initialise@UPnPThread@@IAE_NXZ)
1>h323plus.lib(upnpcp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoInitialize@4 referenced in function "protected: bool __thiscall UPnPThread::Initialise(void)" (?Initialise@UPnPThread@@IAE_NXZ)
1>h323plus.lib(upnpcp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoUninitialize@0 referenced in function "protected: bool __thiscall UPnPThread::Initialise(void)" (?Initialise@UPnPThread@@IAE_NXZ)
1>.\Release\oh323tut.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals
1>
1>Build FAILED.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:03.79
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
shorne

Re: Problem in compiling the tutorial

Post by shorne »

try adding a reference to oleaut32.lib
Y030052

Post by Y030052 »

Hi Shrone,

Thanks for pointing out the solution. In addition to oleaut32.lib, I have to refer to ole32.lib as well.
petersv

Post by petersv »

I would really appreciate if you could tell me where you found your sources? I cant find anything on this site.. :P
shorne

Post by shorne »