windows 7 pro no AES Crypt upon right click

Discussion related to AES Crypt, the file encryption software for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Java.
Kibblesret

windows 7 pro no AES Crypt upon right click

Post by Kibblesret »

AES Crypt does not appear when right clicking on a file.
paulej

Re: windows 7 pro no AES Crypt upon right click

Post by paulej »

There are two installation packages, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit. It's important that you install the correct one to match your machine architecture. In all cases where this was reported before, that was the problem.

First, uninstall AES Crypt via the "Control Panel" -> "Uninstall a program" menu and reboot your machine to ensure that configuration is fully removed.

Next, download and install the version that matches your machine architecture. To figure out which architecture you have, look at these instructions from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... sion-or-64.

Let me know if you still have an issue. I use Windows 10 Pro now, but the software was originally compiled using Windows 7 Pro so I know it works on that version of Windows. But, if you still have issues, I can work with you further to try to find the problem.
Kibblesret

Re: windows 7 pro no AES Crypt upon right click

Post by Kibblesret »

Thank you very much Paulej.

My problem was that the download of the 64 bit version must have been interrupted as when I removed it, rebooted and downloaded again the file was almost twice as big.

Things seem to be working now. Thanks again for your help!