Portable

Discussion related to AES Crypt, the file encryption software for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Java.
Kemon

Portable

Post by Kemon »

Will it be a porable executable file for USB drives etc?
paulej

Re: Portable

Post by paulej »

The Windows command-line utility and the Linux command-line utility are designed to be portable and executable from a flash drive or anywhere. The Windows and Mac GUI versions are intended to be installed. The recently posted version written in C# can run from a USB drive, but requires the .NET framework to be installed.
Kemon

Post by Kemon »

When I run it on another computer, I get the error 0xc000007b =/
paulej

Post by paulej »

Run what?
aescracker

Post by aescracker »

thanks paul for this great encryption utility, but can you make its portable, i mean is portable dan not run with dos command, example like dscrypt, smal and tiny apps, just drag and drop
with dos command is realy hard to encrypt many file. thanks :D
paulej

Post by paulej »

aescracker wrote:thanks paul for this great encryption utility, but can you make its portable, i mean is portable dan not run with dos command, example like dscrypt, smal and tiny apps, just drag and drop
with dos command is realy hard to encrypt many file. thanks :D
I don't understand what the issue is. On Windows machines, there is both a GUI and a command-line executable. A command-line tool is made available as a separate download, since people asked for that. Multiple files can be decrypted at once with each tool, as long as the password is the same for all files being operated on at the same time.