AES Crypt iOS Passcode/Touch ID Support

Discussion related to AES Crypt, the file encryption software for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Java.
ac2015

AES Crypt iOS Passcode/Touch ID Support

Post by ac2015 »

Hi,

Is there any plan to implement passcode/touch id support on AES Crypt for iOS? The app retains decrypted files, so I believe it not having any form of lock is a security issue.

Thanks.
jasonf

Re: AES Crypt iOS Passcode/Touch ID Support

Post by jasonf »

Yes, touch ID (along with iCloud/iCloud drive support) is at the top of the list of features to implement in the next update. I was planning a new update before the end of the year.

Thanks for the suggestion and please feel free to suggest other ideas as well.
ac2015

Post by ac2015 »

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the prompt and favourable reply. Yes, will suggest other features in the future.
ac2015

Post by ac2015 »

Hi,

Is there any update regarding this feature request? Thanks.
jasonf

Post by jasonf »

The programming for this is now complete and will be submitted to the Apple app store tomorrow. It will take Apple about 1-2 weeks to review and make the update available for download. I will respond here when it is ready for download (and you will see it in your App Store updates list on your device).

This update will also address the Google Drive bug described here: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=558&p=1889#p1889
jasonf

Post by jasonf »

The Apple app review process was fast this time around. The updated version (v2.1) of AESCrypt for iOS is now available in the App Store.