Documentation

Discussion related to AES Crypt, the file encryption software for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Java.
CK1

Documentation

Post by CK1 »

Do you have any "official" documentation for AESCrypt? I'd like to be able to use it but I need to be able to verify its stated abilities or I can't. I like the program and it fits a personal business purpose.

Also, is it acceptable to use in a small business environment? I'm asking because sometimes open source vendors will charge a fee for support and documentation, which I'm willing to pay a nominal amount but I'm not seeing any of that on the website.

Thanks!
paulej

Re: Documentation

Post by paulej »

The only documentation is what's posted to the AES Crypt web site for each version (Windows, Linux, Mac, Java). Using the program is really simple, though admittedly the documentation is fairly light.

The program is free to use in any environment. There are no costs: it's free software. However, there is no official support for the software, either. If bugs are found, those involved in the project have a vested interest to fix them, but the software has no warranty and no official support.