linking my openid identity to facebook failed

Discussion related to the Open ID Provider Server written published by Packetizer.
sankar

linking my openid identity to facebook failed

Post by sankar »

I hosted my own openid server , when I logging to livejournal.com using my identity its working fine,
In case of linking my identity with facebook has failed.

facebook produces the below error

Error while processing response
There was an error while processing the OpenID response. No OpenID information found at for method Auth_OpenID_discover
paulej

Re: linking my openid identity to facebook failed

Post by paulej »

Sankar,

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? We use the Packetizer OpenID server with Facebook and have never seen this error.

Paul
paulej

Post by paulej »

Sankar,

For the past two weeks or so, I have been getting the exact same error as you with Facebook and OpenID. It now says:
There was an error while processing the OpenID response. No OpenID information found at https://openid.packetizer.com/paulej for method Auth_OpenID_discover
Yet, we changed absolutely nothing in our code and our domain was working with Facebook before and still is working perfectly well with other sites. I'm at a complete loss. Either there is a bug that Facebook introduced or they are expecting something now they did not expect before. I've looked at debug traces extensively on our side and cannot find the source of the problem. If Facebook's error reporting was more detailed as to exactly what information it could not find, it would be helpful.

Paul

UPDATE: It was brought to my attention that this issue is affecting a number of people. See these sites:
http://getsatisfaction.com/openid/topic ... ot_working
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/a ... 63bb&hl=en
paulej

Post by paulej »

Today, it appears that Facebook now will associate properly, but one still cannot use OpenID to log in.

So, there is progress...
paulej

Post by paulej »

And today, logging into Facebook via OpenID is working. I guess Facebook fixed their problem.
rodssmith

Post by rodssmith »

logging into Facebook via OpenID is always works, and i use this regularly and i have never faced this kind of problem.
Thanks 8-)
rodssmith

Post by rodssmith »

Hey Sankar, did you get the solution of your problem with facebook!!!