Google Drive

Discussion related to AES Crypt, the file encryption software for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Java.
londrioca

Google Drive

Post by londrioca »

Have installeD AESCrypt-GUI-1.0-Linux-x86_64 on Linux Mint 17 machine, but GUI doesn't work, just get "Invalid arguments, a single filename is required". Using command line I created a .aes file & uploaded it to Google Drive with the intention of giving one other person the link & password for read-only access, but trying to open it gives only "Apologies. There is no preview available" and the option to download (the last thing I want!). What's required so that my recipient (using Windows) can simply read it in situ on Drive?
paulej

Re: Google Drive

Post by paulej »

The GUI issue might be due to a known problem. Presently, if there are spaces in the pathname (not just the file, but any directly leading to the file), it will complain like this. We have a fix, but we have to re-build the package and have not had a chance to do that, yet.

AES Crypt is going to create an encrypted file that Google Drive cannot decrypt. About the only thing you could do would allow a user to download the file.