Implementation

Discussion related to AES Crypt, the file encryption software for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Java.
tomiwah

Implementation

Post by tomiwah »

hello,
i am new to programming and i have interest in security. i downloaded the source code for AESCrypt.java, i read through it but there was no where for the user to specify password, frompath and topath and everytime i clicked the execution button it gave me the "AESCrypt e|d password fromPath toPath" message even when i imported a scanner to specify the paths
please is a more usable java source code i can access?
thank you.
paulej

Re: Implementation

Post by paulej »

Perhaps you are looking for a GUI. The Java code is does not have a GUI. If you want to play with the Java code, you'll need to do that from the command line. You enter that information as parameters, which is what that message is telling you.
tomiwah

Post by tomiwah »

i have tried entering the parameters but it won't accept any input once that message is displayed
paulej

Post by paulej »

If you're just double clicking on something, you're not at a command prompt. How are you running this? What is the command line arguments you're entering exactly?
tomiwah

Post by tomiwah »

i downloaded the source code and copied it into my eclipse software, put it into a package on eclipse and clicked run
paulej

Post by paulej »

Try opening a command line and typing the commands like those shown on this page: https://www.aescrypt.com/java_aes_crypt.html