How to build AES Crypt for Android shared Library ( JNI )

Discussion related to AES Crypt, the file encryption software for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Java.
Aarshi

Re: How to build AES Crypt for Android shared Library ( JNI )

Post by Aarshi »

I'm encountering an error while building a shared library in Eclipse for Android with NDK. The error is 'iconv.h: No such file or directory'. Can anyone provide guidance on resolving this issue? Thanks in advance! Greetings.
Arshi Agarwal FM WhatsApp
paulej

Post by paulej »

Monie

Post by Monie »

Yes. It helped.GBWhatsApp APK
Thank you for the link.
Monie.
Juliom

Post by Juliom »

Aarshi wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:48 pm I'm encountering an error while building a shared library in Eclipse for Android with NDK.shadow fight 2 The error is 'iconv.h: No such file or directory'. Can anyone provide guidance on resolving this issue? Thanks in advance! Greetings.YouTube Vanced
The error message you're seeing suggests that the build process is unable to find the "iconv.h" header file. This file is part of the standard C library and is used for character encoding conversion.

To resolve this issue, you need to make sure that the NDK includes this header file. Here are some steps you can try:

1. Check your Android NDK installation: Check if the "iconv.h" header file is present in the NDK installation directory. By default, the header file should be located at "<NDK_installation_path>/sysroot/usr/include/iconv.h".

2. Verify the build configuration: Check the build configuration settings in your Eclipse project. Make sure that the NDK include paths are set correctly. To do this, navigate to Project Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> Cross GCC Compiler -> Includes. Add the path to the "iconv.h" header file in the "Include paths (-I)" field.

3. Clean the project and rebuild: Clean your project by selecting Project -> Clean from the menu bar. Then, rebuild your project by selecting Project -> Build All.

4. Check the header file inclusion: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, verify that the header file is correctly included in your source code files. To do this, make sure that you have included the header file at the top of your source code file with the following line:

#include <iconv.h>
Natasha78

Re: How to build AES Crypt for Android shared Library ( JNI

Post by Natasha78 »

paulej wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:55 pm What format is the text in when enteref into Android? It might already be UTF-16LE, in which case no conservation is even needed.

If no conversion is needed, you can just remove the call to iconv(). If conversion is needed, you just need to know the input character encoding used. The conversion process is surely you something you can handle if you're building this kind of app.

BTW, are you aware that there is already a port of AES Crypt to android? Source is not available, other than the same source you are using. Nonetheless, there is already one tool.
Thank you,
for sharing such good information, and for lots of love.Fm Whatsapp download
randtyhatake

Post by randtyhatake »

Juliom wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:48 pm
Aarshi wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:48 pm I'm encountering an error while building a shared library in Eclipse for Android with NDK.shadow fight 2 The error is 'iconv.h: No such file or directory'. Can anyone provide guidance on resolving this issue? Thanks in advance! Greetings.YouTube Vanced
The error message you're seeing suggests that the build process is unable to find the "iconv.h" header file. This file is part of the standard C library and is used for character encoding conversion.

To resolve this issue, you need to make sure that the NDK includes this header file. Here are some steps you can try:

1. Check your Android NDK installation: Check if the "iconv.h" header file is present in the NDK installation directory. By default, the header file should be located at "<NDK_installation_path>/sysroot/usr/include/iconv.h".

2. Verify the build configuration: Check the build configuration settings in your Eclipse project. Make sure that the NDK include paths are set correctly. To do this, navigate to Project Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> Cross GCC Compiler -> Includes. Add the path to the "iconv.h" header file in the "Include paths (-I)" field.

3. Clean the project and rebuild: Clean your project by selecting Project -> Clean from the menu bar. Then, rebuild your project by selecting Project -> Build All.

4. Check the header file inclusion: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, verify that the header file is correctly included in your source code files. To do this, make sure that you have included the header file at the top of your source code file with the following line:

#include <iconv.h>
Thanks for the detailed steps Juliom! But the issue is still not resolved. I have even checked and verified the header file. . .
stalk01

Post by stalk01 »

iSgomm wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:51 pm Hi,
now i am using MAC OSX MAVERICK and I'm trying to create a shared library within an Android project in eclipse to use it via JNI calls, but
when I execute the build command (ndk-build) I receive the following error:

Android NDK: WARNING: APP_PLATFORM android-18 is larger than android:minSdkVersion 8 in ./AndroidManifest.xml
Compile thumb : AESCrypt <= libAESCrypt.c
Compile thumb : AESCrypt <= aes.c
Compile thumb : AESCrypt <= aescrypt.c
jni/aescrypt.c:30:34: fatal error: iconv.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/local/armeabi/objs/AESCrypt/aescrypt.o] Error 1

I upload Eclipse ADT project.

Can someone help me?
Greetings
Keep in mind that this is a high-level overview, and the specific steps and commands may vary based on your development environment and project setup. anonymous instagram viewerIt's recommended to refer to the official Android documentation and consult resources specific to AES Crypt for detailed instructions.
Natasha78

Post by Natasha78 »

To build AES Crypt for Android as a shared library (JNI), you can follow these steps:

Set up the Android NDK (Native Development Kit) on your development machine.
Create a new Android project or open an existing one.
Create a new JNI folder in your project's directory to store the native code.
Write the C/C++ code for AES Crypt using the NDK. Implement the encryption and decryption algorithms using the AES library.
Create a new JNI wrapper file that includes the necessary functions to interface between Java and the native code.
Modify your project's Gradle file to include the NDK build configurations and specify the path to your native code.
Build the shared library by running the Gradle build command in your project directory.
Once the build process completes successfully, you will have the AES Crypt shared library (JNI) ready for use in your Android project.whatsapp fm
muzamil321

Post by muzamil321 »

It seems like the iconv library is missing in your project. Please ensure that this library is correctly installed and your project is properly referencing it. Also, remember to update your minSdkVersion if you're using features not available in Android 8.
Natasha78

Post by Natasha78 »

hello guys,
Follow these steps to create AES Crypt for Android shared library (JNI):

Create an Android development environment.
In C/C++, implement the AES Crypt encryption and decryption routines.
Make a JNI wrapper to connect the C/C++ code to Java.
Using the Android NDK, create the shared library.
In your Android project, include the shared library and use the JNI functions for AES encryption and decryption.Fm whatsapp